Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog Assignment #4

Views on Podcasts
I chose to read the blog post The Benefits of Pod-casting in the Classrom, 1st Graders Create Their Own Read Alongs, and my personal favorite as a kid Flat Stanley Podcast. I completely and totally agree with Joe Dale's views on the benefits of podcast in the classroom. When I was in high school my chemistry teacher created pod casts for us to watch if we were ever out of school or simply didn't understand what she said during class. I know it helped plenty of students throughout the semester and even after we graduated and had chemistry in college. I think the other two posts from Langwitches Blog really emphasized how pod casts could engage young students. I was never fond of reading when I was younger, however I think if I was able to record myself and reread the books or even my own work I would have liked reading so much more. The Flat Stanley project reminds me of when I was in the first grade and we did almost the same project except we didn't record anything. We just had to write a report. I think anything that involves technology engages students, especially the younger aged students, because they simply think they are "too cool for school" using equipment that the "big kids" use.
As far as what I can use in my podcast, the main thing that sticks out to me is one word, scripts. I think it would be much easier if we were to use a written script and practice using emotions to grab the attention of the audience. I don't think "making it as you go" will be an efficient way to making a quality podcast.

Podcast

1 comment:

  1. "...had to right a report..." write not right

    Succinct. Covers the material.

    ReplyDelete