Wednesday, October 17, 2012

C4T #2

Frank Buck Consulting Inc.


My teacher this time was Mr. Frank Buck, "Get Organized." His post was about the saying, "That's the way we've always done it." He told a story of a little girl who traced back through her family tree as to why her mother cut off the edges of the ham before putting it in the oven. Come to find out, her great-grandmother cut the edges off because the ham did not fit on the pan. I told Mr. Buck I completely agreed with him. I do things just because my mom or grandparents do it, but I don't know if it is the efficient or not. I have some family tree research to do!

The second time I went to Dr. Buck's blog his latest post was titled "The Chicken and the Eagle Story." This post was actually a video, the video posted below, by Dr. Eldon Taylor. Dr. Taylor explained how you can become like the people you associate yourself with. For instance, in the video, the eagle lived in a chicken coup and started to act like a chicken rather than the beautiful eagle she was. As a male eagle spots her, he tries to explain to her that she is so much more than the chicken she pretends to be. I really related to this video. I thanked Dr. Buck for posting this video. It reiterated what my mom has been telling me since I was in high school. She told me to be careful who I befriend because they could bring me up and help me reach my potential or bring me down and I would never reach my goals. This video truly was inspiring, and if you haven't watched it, I suggest you do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment