Sunday, November 11, 2012

C4K for October

The word blog in magnetic letters
First Student
My first student's name is Jordan. He described the quality of his life since moving to his new school Wapita in Canada. He said that he likes it at his new school because of the freedom he gets. He was reevaluating the changes from his previous school to his current school. Overall, Jordan enjoys his new school, despite feeling a little uncomfortable. I told Jordan to hang in there, anything new is going to be a little uncomfortable for a little while. I told him about my experience moving to a community college out of town and living with five people I didn't know at all. I then told him how much fun we all had when we got use to each other and are very close even to this day.

Second Student
My second student described the usage of ads on the internet. He also said how distracting they can be if you're trying to do research or a school project. He also put a blinking icon on his post to prove his point, and it worked exceptionally well. This student was introduced to pop up blockers through comments and was wondering if there was anywhere to search the web with no distractions. I told him that he did a good job making his point with the use of the icon. I also complimented his grammar and word usage.

Third Student
My third student uses the alias "EBchiefgamer" and is in Mrs. Middleton's class in Surrey, BC. This student's post was about his experience making a kite. He put designs all over it and said he flew it so high in the air he almost ran out of string. He enjoyed is so much he and some of his friends stayed after school and flew the kites more. They even played kites wars, unfortunately his kite broke and crashed into the ground. He fixed his kite and is as good as new. I told EBchiefgamer that I was glad he had so much fun with this assignment because when I was in fifth grade we had to make a kite also, but mine did not fly. I also suggested that he take a picture and put it on his blog so everyone could see what designs he chose to use.

Fourth Student
My fourth student's name is Lucy. Lucy is in the seventh grade in Mrs. Petersen's class. Lucy's blog was very heart warming. She wrote about family, not her family but family in general. She explained that you only get one and you should love them unconditionally. I found this extrememly inspiring that a girl of her age could give such a touching devotion on family seeing as almost every seventh grader I have known are in their "oh my goodness my family is terrible" stage. She backed up her blog with a scripture from the Bible. I told Lucy that her post was very inspiring and it was amazing that she could grasp the true concept of what family should mean so early in life. I continued to tell her after reading previous posts, I thought she was a phenomenal writing and wished her good luck in her gymnastics career.

Fifth Student
My fifth C4K was from Mrs. Vitulli and Mrs. Santoli . They uploaded a picture shot from the plane and the travel books they had on Ireland. They also said that they were going from Mobile to Atlanta and then to Ireland. I told them I thought it was awesome that they were going to Ireland. I also said to learn all they could learn but also have fun and make memories.

Sixth Student
My sixth student's name was Gia from Mr. Hadedorn's fifth grade class. Gia wrote about the sinking of the Titanic. She also posted a picture of the Titanic years after it has sat on the ocean's floor. I told Gia that I enjoyed learning new things about the events of the Titanic. I also complemented her on the picture she chose to use.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, but I hate that you are missing the links for the first two students!

    ReplyDelete